What We Do For You
- We negotiate with over 30 contracted funeral homes throughout BC to
provide simple cremation or funeral services at a lower cost.
- We assist your family at their time of need.
- We provide a Planning Form to guide your family and the funeral director
at the time of death or earlier if you prefer pre‑arrangement and pre‑payment
of funeral services.
- We protect your privacy by placing you, not the Society, in charge of your Planning Form.
Note: We do not retain the form in our office or on our computers.
- We use volunteer office staff to limit the Society's operating costs.
- We are a non‑profit society whose funds are dedicated to promoting the Society and delivering benefits to you, our members.
The Enroll page will open in a new tab or window.
What You Need To Do
- Depending on where you live in BC, join either
the Vancouver Island Memorial Society or the People's Memorial Society of B.C.
You can join by phone or on-line or by mail.
- Download, print and fill out our Planning Form.
(see Making Plans on "Our Services" page.)
- Keep a copy of your completed Planning Form with your personal papers.
- Advise your family or executor to call the Society's office at the time of death.
He or she can then deliver your Planning Form to the contracted funeral home.
- Finally, act as an ambassador for the Society.
Ask your family members, parents, friends and co‑workers to join the Society today.
Become a lifetime member today for only $35.
To sign up now, just click on the button.